Tuesday 1 July 2008

Twisted ankles and bikes

I got very intimate with St Katherine's Dock today. Lovely part of London is St Katherines. Very peaceful, lots of little bridges and big yachts.

I've recently taken to cycling a Pashley Princess as I have a broken wrist and twisted ankle and it's the only one of my bikes which doesn't seem to put much pressure on either injury. Plus it makes me feel like some 1940's throwback and cars avoid me accordingly.

Unfortunately the Pashley combined with St Katherine's sent me into a postwar romantic day dream today and I failed to notice the gaps between the boards on one of the dock's bridges.

I believe the last time I catapulted over the handlebars of a bike was roughly 22 years ago and it would appear I still have yet to perfect 'the frontflip.'

Water was warm though.

No comments: