Monday 26 October 2009

Getting Minxy with Jones and a Krank

Haven't been blogging for a bit because it's hard to blog about bikes when you aren't riding one and finding new trails, routes etc. However I am tentatively planning a Chicksands dirt jumping session next weekend, mainly because Tom said he was going riding and it got my back up.

But also my mood was darkend by this: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/beginners-guide-to-mountain-biking-part-1-23675. I don't even know why it depressed me, it just did on many, many levels.

But hey, I'm not judging. Just one thing beginners: lycra is not necessary for learning to ride a bike. Nor is being female. But hey, I'm not judging.

Luckily for me I dragged my miserable ass off to Frome to hang out with Debbie from Minx-Girl. If you're having down time on a bike, Debbie will re-inspire you. Fact. She also gave me a pair of Swrve riding jeans. These are without a doubt the best freakin things ever! Look like jeans but softer, less chaffing, more comfortable and just rad. Hence why I'm suddenly psyched to go dirt jumping. You'll be able to get them on Minx when the new site is up any day now. But the best thing was, we took our singlespeeds out for a pootle and it was lovely riding my bike with mates again. Plus Debbie rides a super Jones singlespeed which is like a light tank. 29 inch wheels plough through anything and the front forks are rigid but with a twist:



The extra bar soaks up vibration so you can get down most things - not talking DH here, mainly rolling over small people etc. Jest! And the Mary Jane bars are super comfortable. It makes you feel invincible. Get one.

And then to top it all off I watched Kranked's Revolve movie which features a section with a blind MTBer on Santa Cruz. Kinda puts a gammy knee into perspective. Plus the movie has one of the best sections I've seen in a long time - four riders, one trail, awesome. The rest of the movie is pretty hey ho.

Kranked - REVOLVE Teaser from KRANKED/ReJeK+ on Vimeo.

No comments: